After much deliberation, we are excited to announce this year's FIMRC Chapter Award winners, as decided by the Chaptership Team and the FIMRC Extraordinary Members, as decided by Chapter members!
FIMRC Chapter Awards Winners
Most International Volunteer Participation:
• Clemson University: for their Global Health Volunteer trips to the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua for spring break
Most Creative Fundraisers:
• University of Wisconsin - LaCrosse: for the “Pie your RA” fundraiser
• University of Sydney: for the "Parks and Recreation" themed "Treat Yo'Self (for charity)" barbecue and "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have" breakfast fundraiser
• University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: for their 5K race benefitting the Water Filter Adopt a Project for Project Limón
• Roger Williams University: for the "So You Think Your Professor Can Dance" event
Most Creative Recruitment Event:
• Temple University: for the Pre-Health Resource Fair recruiting table
Best Use of Social Media #FIMRC:
• University of Toronto: for their use of Instagram (@fimrcuoft)
• Rutgers University: for their use of Instagram (@fimrcru)
• University of Pennsylvania: for use of graphics and designs (and Beyoncé) on their Facebook page
• UC Berkeley: for their beautiful new website
Most Successful Fundraising:
• University of Michigan: Scholarship Silent Auction & Mr. Michigan
Best In-chapter Social Events:
• University of Wisconsin-Madison: for their team building, trivia nights, and socials
Best Community Outreach:
• University of Georgia: for their after-school health education groups at local schools
• Indiana University of Pennsylvania: for their bingo nights at a local nursing home
Best Campus Collaboration:
• Brown University: for their collaborations with other organizations at Brown to aid in fundraising and promotion of their FIMRC Chapter
Best Community Education Event:
• Brandeis University: for their tables and promotion of National Public Health Week
• McGill Univeristy: for their Panel Discussion on Global Health and Climate Change
• Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center-School of Pharmacy: for their Heart Healthy Valentine’s Day Party
Best New Member Retention:
• The College of New Jersey: for continuing to engage Global Health Volunteers after they have traveled
Best New Chapters (we couldn't just choose one!):
• University of Iowa
• Trinity College
• Virginia Commonwealth University
Shout out to the following Chapters who participated in the Global Health Volunteer Program this year
• Penn State University • UNC at Chapel Hill • Georgia Tech University • Michigan State University • The College of New Jersey • Brandeis University • Clemson University • Trinity University • Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center-School of Pharmacy • UCLA • University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse • Virginia Tech • Roger Williams University •
Extraordinary FIMRC Chapter Members
Clemson University: Colleen Cooper and Kendall Vinson
Colleen and Kendall are both freshmen who joined FIMRC in the Fall and have dedicated countless hours to helping our chapter succeed this year. Throughout this past year they have attended fundraising events, as well as dedicated many of their weekends to volunteer by participating in our local projects. After their first FIMRC trip this Spring Break to the DR they both chose to run for executive positions in Clemson FIMRC. I am excited to announce that they both were elected and in the coming year, Colleen will be our Director of Fundraising, and Kendall our Web Manager and Blogger. We are excited and encouraged by their enthusiasm and dedication to FIMRC's mission and can't wait to see how much they contribute to our organization in the years to come.
Michigan State: Michael Kain
Michael displays displayed great enthusiasm for volunteering at Project Alajuetia this year, and shows willingness to tackle bigger goals as en executive board member this coming fall. We are excited to see what he accomplishes for our chapter.
University of Wisconsin Madison: Anneka Barrow
Anneka was a wonderful addition to the executive board and chapter as a whole by being engaged with other members, participating in several events and by keeping our members involved and up-to date in her role.
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse: Rachel Madison
Rachel has been an outstanding general assembly member this first semester of our chapter’s existence. She has helped organize our Pie Your RA programs, as well as helped set up and organize the program in a second hall. Outside of her leadership role in this program she has volunteered at every other program we have put on this semester, attended every general assembly meeting and contributed consistently with great ideas during these meetings as well as thought of future program ideas. In addition she has reached out to a connection of hers in our local school district for future volunteer opportunities for our club! Rewarded for her hard work this semester she has been elected as our chapters Director of Advertisement and Publicity for the 2014-2015 school year and well begin her term in May.
IMED at UC-Irvine: Christopher Price
As our Orphanage Trip Coordinator he designed and launched IMEDs very first Orphanage video. Through the use of CrowdRise and with the full support of the board he was able to publish a video that was shared throughout the club, on social media, emailed to friends and family, etc. He began the spread of charity and with this great project, IMED raised close to $1000 to sponsor the continuation of dormitory construction.
Indiana University of Pennsylvania: Erica Lieb
Erica served as this years Director of Advertisement and Alumni. He was a senior nursing student with a lot of work on her plate, yet she constantly helped to organize our chapter. She helped with meetings, volunteering, and bringing in new members. She will definitely be missed next year.
Congratulations to all Chapters on a fantastic semester!
Interested in starting a FIMRC Chapter? Email Abi at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Wondering how we selected the Chapter Award winners? At the end of each semester, each FIMRC Chapter submits a Semester Report Form to share their experiences from the past semester with FIMRC HQ. We take the information provided throughout the year and the entire Chaptership Team votes on each category. We love reading about each Chapter's successes from the past semester and suggestions for improvement for next semester.