After much deliberation, we are excited to announce the Fall 2015 FIMRC Chapter Award winners, as decided by the Chaptership Team and the FIMRC Extraordinary Members, as decided by Chapter members!
FIMRC Chapter Award Winners
Most Delicious Fundraiser - TIE
- Roger Williams University for their Mac and Cheese Fundraiser
- Centre College for their Cookies for Kids fundraiser
Biggest Geeks - Virginia Commonwealth University for winning Geek Week at their university
Best Advocacy - TIE
- Georgia Tech for their public health simulation
- McGill University for their Refugees: UN Policy and Current Crises where they had 3 professors in the field talk about the refugee crises around the globe
- Brandeis University for FIMRC Health Matters. Their event involved researching and creating note cards with different health information facts on them, with a special focus on children. They decorated these cards and hung them up all over campus in order to spread awareness on health issues
- Manhattan Chapter for their work with New York City's Mental Health Roadmap Program
- University of California Irvine for their HealthSmart Program
Fundraiser to Get Your Blood Flowin' - TIE
- Rutgers University for their Zumba Event
- University of Connecticut for their Halloween 5K
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center-School of Pharmacy for their sand volleyball tournament
Most Photogenic - Yale University for their Instagram cut out
Best Local Volunteering - TIE
- UPenn for their work with Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia
- University of Toronto for their clothing drive
- The College of New Jersey for their work with the Newark Soup Kitchen
Completed Adopt-a-Projects - University of Maryland for their project supporting Project Las Delicias
Scariest Fundraiser - Harvard University for their "Scaring Away Breast Cancer" fundraiser
Best Fundraising - University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign for raising over $3,000 for latrines in the Dominican Republic
Cutest Chapter Bonding - Clemson University for their FIMRC Thanksgiving
Largest Chapter - University of Michigan with over 1,000 members!
Best New Chapter - TIE
- University of Texas - Austin, University of Illinois - Chicago, University of South Carolina, Kansas State University, Purdue University, Oakland University, Queens University, Florida Atlantic University, Brown University, Piscataway High School, Simi Valley High School, Stuyvasent High School
Rutgers University, Parth Patel
Parth shows outstanding leadership and dedication not only to FIMRC, but also to community service. He is the type of person who wholeheartedly dedicates his efforts to whatever he is involved in. He is the first to offer any assistance and the last one to stay to help at the end of events and meetings. From his efforts, it is evident that he is passionate about the FIMRC mission. He goes out of his way to make sure things are running smoothly, always has ideas for improvement, and takes the time to get to know each and everyone of the general body members. Parth has an inspiring quality, motivating our board and our members to do more to make our chapter better. He has great management skills and wonderfully leads the members of this club towards our common goal. If anyone in this chapter deserves the extraordinary member award, it is Parth. He has helped tremendously in transforming our club from a group of only board members to a club that other Rutgers students know about. Students who are not involved in FIMRC have been approaching our events and bake sales stating they know a friend who is in the club, or they have heard about us - which is something incredible from what we were just a year ago. He is largely the reason we have expanded our horizons, strived to reach for more challenging Adopt-A-Projects. He is even participating in Dance Marathon through the FIMRC chapter. We have created a team to participate in RUDM so that members are able to give back to the New Brunswick community locally. I truly hope that Parth wins this award because he definitely deserves it.
University of Maryland, Felice Liu
Felice has been wonderfully committed to FIMRC this semester and its endeavors in fundraising. She has worked hard to contact multiple locations and she was successful in securing a spot for the UMD FIMRC chapter to fundraise. She is also very detail oriented and very motivated and sends out emails to our chapter to remind us about events. I would like to thank Felice on behalf of our chapter for her astounding contributions and efforts
Texas Tech Health Science Center-School of Pharmacy, Zach
Zach is a first year pharmacy student with a hectic schedule and has gone out of his way to participate in every event we have had this semester while encouraging others to do the same. His effort and enthusiasm have been a huge help to our chapter this semester.
Centre College, Jacqueline Engel
Jacquelyn Engel, a first-year student at our school, has jumped into the club with both feet and been incredibly enthusiastic and committed to our young chapter. Jacquelyn has made extra time to be at every meeting and event, even staying 20 minutes longer than her assigned shift at our Cookies for Kids fundraiser. She inspires everyone with her positivity and infectious smile and is so excited about FIMRC that she will be accompanying me to Nicaragua over spring break this year! She has certainly stood out as one of our best members so far this fall.
Clemson University, Rami Major
Clemson FIMRC would like to nominate Rami Major as its extraordinary member for Fall 2016. Rami came to Helping Hands events and went out of her way to make the children she met feel loved and appreciated. Rami also participated in our Angel Tree Project, and helped pick out clothes, toys, and school supplies for a young girl from the Clemson area. Finally, Rami also came to the FIMRC Feast this thanksgiving to celebrate the semester and eat some yummy food! Rami’s excitement and dedication to our cause was evident in every event she attended. Clemson FIMRC is so thankful for all of Rami’s work this year!
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Alex Mackenzie
Alex Mackenzie - He is our volunteering coordinator and goes above and beyond in trying to find great events in for our chapter while being a very active volunteer as well.
Wondering how we selected the Chapter Award winners? At the end of each semester, each FIMRC Chapter submits a Semester Report Form to share their experiences from the past semester with FIMRC HQ. We take the information provided throughout the year and the entire Chaptership Team votes on each category. We love reading about each Chapter's successes from the past semester and suggestions for improvement for next semester.