Women's Empowerment Group

Women's Empowerment- Nicaragua.jpg
Women's Empowerment- Nicaragua.jpg

Women's Empowerment Group

1,200.00

FIMRC’s project site has established weekly meetings for a women’s empowerment support group; the group focuses on creating/selling products for individual profit and for domestic violence support funds.

Add To Cart

Project Limon’s newest initiative includes a weekly women’s empowerment group.  During these weekly meetings, women meet together for encouragement, meditation, and to have a space to share experiences. Not only to the women find support in this group, but they are also learning how to make various artisanal goods including bracelets and jicaro bowls in order to sell. For each item sold, the woman who made that item receives 80% of the profits, and the other 20% goes towards materials and setting up an emergency fund for women suffering from domestic violence. The funds raised in this program will go directly towards the materials allowing more money to then be allocated for the emergency fund.

DONATE HERE!