Field Operations Coordinator – Project Limón, Nicaragua
The Field Operations Coordinator (FOC) works with the Field Operations Manager to coordinate all volunteer activities for Project Limón and works closely with clinic staff, community members, and volunteers to maximize the impact of the clinics in the communities we serve. The FOC is essential to carrying out our mission of providing access to medical care and education to underprivileged and medically underserved children around the world and working with our volunteers in doing so. Below is an outline of responsibilities that the position entails.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Area of Focus 1: Volunteer Management
- Coordinate the Global Health Volunteer Program (GHVP) for all volunteers traveling to Limón in conjunction with FIMRC's Director of Volunteer Programs (USA-based) and Field Operations Manager (FOM);
- Work with project staff to develop unique itineraries for our international volunteers based on skill level, time in country, and interests;
- Coordinate the Health Education Program and community campaigns with GHVP volunteers;
- Serve as a resource to the GHVP volunteers with information about Nicaraguan health care and the needs of the communities in which FIMRC works;
- Coordinate all transportation, housing and dietary request for GHVP Volunteers;
- Manage and conduct fiscal operations for the volunteer program;
Area of Focus 2: Health Education and Community Outreach
- Help establish and monitor a strong health education program for the communities being served based on community diagnostics and local needs;
- Coordinate the health education program and community campaigns with GHVP volunteers when appropriate;
- Design and implement community outreach programs to further FIMRC's mission within the community in conjunction with the Field Operations Manager;
- Create systems to effectively monitor and evaluate community outreach programs in the community and make necessary changes based on results;
- Create new outreach opportunities in the community to further FIMRC's impact.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S., etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Best mix of personality (we're a small fun-loving bunch!) and skill set
- Previous experience in rural Latin America
- Spanish competency a must
- Strong sense of focus and attention to detail, easily able to adapt to variable situations
- Interest in global health programs and research
- Demonstrated organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, highly creative environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnership with organizations at various levels
- Genuine sense of concern for patients and volunteers
- A sense of humor is always an asset
- Commitment to service
- Demonstrated interest and leadership ability in working with young adults
Benefits and position details
- Location: Las Salinas, Rivas, Nicaragua
- Contract Start Date: May 15
- Contract Length: 3 months OR 1 year (2 positions) – please specify in your cover letter the length of time
- Compensation: Small stipend that covers living expenses and just a touch of fun!
- Round-trip flight from the US to country of employment
Ready to apply? Click on the button below to submit your resume and cover letter!
Not what you're looking for? Click on the buttons below to see if being a Global Health Volunteer or Intern with FIMRC is a little closer to the experience you're hoping to gain!