Many of our volunteers use our platform, FIMRC Give, to fundraise for their volunteer experience. It's a great tool to share with family and friends to tell them about your trip, our organization, and how they can help! We have compiled a few tips to help you get started with a successful campaign!
- Choose your "WHY" - Why do you want to partake in this experience? Sharing why you personally want to volunteer and why this experience matters to you will show your commitment to volunteering!
- Donate to your own page - This may seem weird, but it is proven that people are more willing to donate once they see you've invested in your trip already!
- Make it personal - Reach out to close friends and family first with personalized e-mails or even snail mail!
- Add it to Social Media - Almost everyone has Facebook and Instagram so why not promote yourself on your personal pages? Link your FIMRC Give page in your Instagram or Twitter biography!
- Say thanks! - Make sure your donors feel appreciated! Be sure to say thank you to all donors either on your page or with good old fashion thank you notes!